View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I don't know how I feel about letting the government get involved with sports. It feels like a waste of resources.
Understatment of the century right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Right, but, if he's guilty, do the ends justify the means? It's fraud (amongst the other charges being brought), no matter if he used the money to buy homeless babies food, donated a fair amount to cancer research, or bought black market nukes.

It took me a few reads, but on the 3rd you really start to get an appreciation for the level of deception and should even just half of the allegations prove true, I wouldn't include Lance on my list of "good people"
No I'm with you... It'll be interesting to see how much a court would award damages on the $32million the USPS paid for the team. After all there were lots of members that benefitted from the sponsorship, not just Lance..

As I've said, I've been following this for quite a while (~2 years I'd say) and there is clearly some deceptive practices going on. Not just with Armstrong, but all cycling teams. Probobly why I think it intrigues me so much.. it's like a real life crime thriller coming to life.

FWIW, he probobly wouldn't make my list either, but there are far worse people out there who claim to be angelic (something Lance has never wanted/tried to be). Not saying the ends justify the means, but I guarantee there are people out there who won't care one iota about him being guilty or not.
Appreciate 0