View Single Post
      01-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Don't think it makes much of a difference, if any based on following: 1) Sedan vs Coupe performance, don't see it in published track times on same tracks and same trannies; 2) in racing, Turner Motorsports (and aGerman tuner, can't remember which one exactly) actually believe that sedan is better aerodynamically/dynamically vs the coupe despite lack of CF..ie CF roof and weight isn't enough to make a difference, 3) At the M driving school, when instructors were asked about feature differences showing up in lap times of ZCP/Non ZCP, Sedan vs Coupe, CF roof vs no CF roof, they said that various features weren't predictors of lap times, ie fastest laps always went to the best drivers, no matter what configuration and given a certain driver, feature configuration didn't determine the speed of any given lap. So unless we're talking pro-racing differences where split seconds really matter, just be happy w/ your choices & enjoy them to their fullest extent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagger View Post
There has been lots of discussion and comparisons between the three pedal cars and the two pedal cars (another below) with documented results, but other than the "carbon roofs are better" statements from its proponents, are there any tests out there to support the claim.

I'm not disputing the fact the carbon roof is a "little" lighter with a commensurate lowering of the CG, but is it enough to make a difference in lap times or acceleration?

My personal feeling is it is just another form of bling. I have no doubt that a car with multiple panels will be faster, but not sure the difference will justify the cost for a mixed use vehicle, (street and track days).

So, is anyone aware of a comparison between the two?

Last edited by FogCityM3; 01-27-2013 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0