Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
why waste a day off from work when the end result will be the same

skip the courtroom, you'll be saving us all a couple of tax dollars

Here's the thing, if all the ticket was was $500 out of my pocket, then I'm with you 100%.

BUT

While I am a Stand up and take whats coming kinda guy, the fact that a good sized ticket like the OP's isn't just cash now and a little hassle, NO NO... This is the kind of ticket that Fucks your insurance rates, which can cost you thousands of dollars over the next few years.

AND

If you get pulled over again, you will most likely NOT get a "warning" or any other good guy stuff. No, you'll get a ticket because now you are habitual... :mad:

So in a sense the insurance industry and the way the system is set up Forces me to hire some Scumbag Attorney and pay that scumbag $500 to get me out of a $300 ticket because in the long run it saves me a lot of hassle, aggravation, and money.

Screwed up? Yeah it is. I am all for just paying fines as I whistle along at 90MPH...

As for all the conspiracy theories and sillyness? Folks will grow up...
================================================== ===

FWIW Pacing is a pretty dead on way to get a ticket... It means that NOT only were you speeding, but you were so freaking oblivious and paying so little attention to your surroundings that you didn't even know you were being paced... It's a hard ticket to fight.