View Single Post
      12-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #128
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriFix View Post
Well I would for one. The benefits of the carbon fibre roof comes into effect at about 110 MPH (guess; based on discussion with salesmen), whilst the benefits of the sunroof come into effect from 0 MPH upwards. Since I'm going to be driving the car around town at 70km/hr (max) most of the time, I'll get alot more enjoyment out of a sunroof than a CF roof. It's an M3, not a CSL track-day car.
Actually, since the CF room effectively lowers the center of gravity for the total car then the effect will come into play at much lower than 110 mph assuming your going around a corner. It has little benefit in straight line performance. A well experienced drive would probably be able to tell the difference at about 40 mph in a corner, and as the number of corners increases (slalom) the benefit proportionally increases.

The M3 will have DCT, not SMG. The release date for DCT is not currently known, but most rumors say March when the M3 launches in the US. Do a forum search for DCT or M-DCT to learn more about this fantastic transmission system.
Appreciate 0