View Single Post
      03-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #2161
advancedlogic
Rep
Drives: BMW 2004 545i (E60)

While I don't agree with the tone of the message sent to you, YOU opened the door when you decided to post not once, but 14 times. While doing so you chose to prominently display your company logo and web address as a part of both your signature and avatar. YOU ADVERTISED YOURSELF WITHIN THIS FORUM. What your motives were for doing so rests with you, but please refrain from what is considered yelling within a forum via your all caps, sizeable text, and bold coloring.

Partaking in a well-publicized forum, offering some potentially polarizing viewpoints considering the target audience, then offering an implied innocent victim response may not garner many sympathizers. If you offer a venue for contact, you should be prepared to be contacted. However, if you feel as though the poster "...should have his (her?) internet privileges revoked", and feel you have a legitimate grievence, my suggestion would be to use the IP address recorded and contact the Internet Service Provider (ISP) of the user and state your case, as that is the proper venue that can address your stated demand.

-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD NOT READ OR WRITE IN THIS FORUM, BUT SOMEBODY SHIFTED THEIR HERRASEMENT FROM THE BMW DEALER TO ME. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED TODAY:

contact_name: Internet User

dealer_name: None

tel: N/A

comments: Why the hell did you post on m3post -- You're idiots!

Sender IP: 69.245.184.70

THE IP TRACE SHOWS THE SENDER RESIDING IN FT WAYNE INDIANA.

THIS CHILD SHOULD SHOULD HAVE HIS INTERNET PRIVILEGES REVOKED!!!!

Last edited by advancedlogic; 03-29-2008 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: quotation correction
Appreciate 0