02-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #142
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
I have no time nor patience because you are arguing something so absurd, that in order to convince or to at least to bring you closer to understanding would take way too much effort from my side. You did not know that most of the after-market quality suspension manufacturers for your car employ progressive springs, which obviously shows you didn't know how progressive springs even look like, that is, until you dig them out of wikipedia (since all your pictures and paraphrased quotes come from there, including the one with vette leaf springs).

I refrained from dissecting your overly simplistic and vague explanation why high revving engines have more advantages. There is a competent debater and incompetent. You fall under latter category. Your credentials are meaningless...seriously. Should I remind you of your statement that: "Part throttle, full throttle it does not matter the engine can only produce a certain max torque and it depends on rpm not on throttle position." So if you want to comment further on my posts/threads irrelevant to this discussion, I will be glad to pull more statements from our wonderful search option. You left quite a trail of random BS on entire e90post forum.
You clearly have no time nor patience. Talk about gross contradictions. Keep them coming. You can also say your lines like that so many times until you look simply pathetic. I don't have coilovers, never said I did, was never talking about them in particular and clearly know what a progressive spring looks like. Again, I have actually designed coil springs and had them wound (in both spring steel and titanium, just FYI) custom for suspension applications. I did not do this work as a weekend car warrior or for fun but for an OEM suspension system as the engineer. Where are such random and meaningless accusations coming from? I can see that your insecurity and inability to admit your own error is the reason for all of the constant attempts to refocus the discussion away from yourself and back to me.

Well what absolute falsity/absurdity of yours is next to deal with... I don't paraphrase wikipedia nor to I get pictures from there. Heck I'm the first to admit I grab pictures left and right from google images - who the hell doesn't/shouldn't. Again it begs the serious question, RELEVANCE??? Who the hell cares where a picture comes from if it helps you make a point?

As far as e90post goes I have posted almost nothing there. Unless you call m3post.com part of e90post.com. I think of them really as separate and again have little to no interest in non M BMWs. Tell me more about my "trails of random BS" overe there, please. As far as your little obsession looking for errors I have made - enjoy yourself (your busy and impatient self ). I stand by my posts, and debates, the ones won and the ones lost, the times I am correct and the times incorrect. There are a lots of sharp and experienced folks here and I enjoy learning from them. Seems you definitely don't/won't.

On the engine points again nice way to continue to argue. Say you don't have time but keep bringing up an issue. But of course never really making a serious attempt to clearly state your contention or disagreement. You simply have to be one of the worst/most frustating people to (attempt to) engage with. Try making a point and saying something critical/novel if you can (seems clearly not). Lastly, on my clear mistake about part throttle torque - again have fun digging around as much as possible to find my mistakes. Aren't you clever. Did you notice how I handled that one? I thought about it for a bit longer, realized I was wrong, admitted my clear mistake, offered a good thought experiment to help others who may have been confused about the same point (as others were indeed), thanked those who got me thinking right and simply moved right along. Of course we all make mistakes, but again I'll stand by the dozens or hundreds of times I have been correct, predictive, helpful or insightful for this board. What exacly are you credentials IRL or on this forum (perhaps other than a glorified mechanic who wrenches on their own car)?

This is a strongly adviseable way for you to behave (as per my personal example just above) on the leaf spring issue if you want to maintain any shred of credibility yourself.

I am anxiously awaiting your next note which will be clearly devoid of any real criticism or argument since you just don't have the time/patience for me. Get real.
Appreciate 0