05-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Agreed but the R8 is kind of special in the Audi line up, no other car has it's abilities, it's looks or it's drama. The 997 has it's heritage but among it's siblings it don't look much different or special, either inside or out, to most people on the street the Cayman or Boxster looks identical to the 997, that can't be said for the R8 now can it.

I just feel that with the 997 you are having to explain yourself for why you pick it over the much better to drive Cayman or Boxster, it's a similar case with the M6 compared to the M3, the smaller coupe is the clear winner on handling, space, practicality and price and the only reason for picking the M6 is it's ultimate performance and snob status, because you have the money to be different.

Now that is not something that isn't likely to happen with the R8, as of yet Audi haven't built another car to get close to it's abilities and I serious doubt it will any time soon.

I picked the 911 because it is much more satisfying to drive to me than any of the other Porsches that you mentioned. And, I simply dislike the R8.

The Boxster and Cayman are too under powered. I love the classic/contemporary 911 look. Who cares if you don't feel the same way, or if you think I am defending anything.
Appreciate 0