View Single Post
      08-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
Never happened for me with the Cayman or hte GTR. I *knew* the M was for me within minutes of getting in it.
It also took me minutes to decide to buy a Miata, and then an Elise, and finally an M3. After I test-drove each of these cars, I knew right away that I had to have one.

The M3 was a special case, though. I bought a 135 at the end of March. Except for the fact that the suspension was a bit soft, and the DSC too intrusive, I thought it was a great car with exceptional steering feel and responsiveness (in that area, it's almost as good as the Miata). A few weeks later, my sister decided to buy a BMW, so we went back to the dealer. After selling a car to my sister, he offered to let me drive an M3, and I made the mistake of accepting. I put the 135 on Auto Trader the following day .

As I said in another thread, I've driven two Boxsters and a Cayman S. I seriously considered the Cayman S before getting a 135. For some reason, when I got out these cars, I didn't feel that I had to have one.
Appreciate 0