Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
Vin,

To drop the sub-frame out and do the job that way, it will take approximately 12 hours total as the car has to be aligned again as well.

It's definitely recommended that the frame go in indexed properly with respect to the front axle and laterally. However, if match marks are used before the frame is removed from the car (BMW does ensure the frame is perfectly positioned at the factory) then you can use this technique to get it back into the same position as before.

When my sub-frame, differential and mounts broke at 3,xxx miles, the dealer replaced the sub-frame, diff and miscellaneous components, however they attempted to align the car 3 times and failed each and every time. Not to my surprise, the frame was not indexed correctly and I had to end up doing it and all was well from then on out.

Malek,

I just ordered the TMS solid delrin diff mounts. How many hours will it take to install?
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0