03-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #300
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@AEPerformance View Post
edit: In 2009, I flew to visit my grandfather earlier that year for his serious lung surgery for stage 4 cancer. He ended up needing chemo at the end of that year. He has been fighting his cancer all last year, and his doctors have said that nothing can help it anymore. He has worked so hard using me as an inspiration for him as I use him too. He almost gave up during the last few months and I forced him from my own work, so he is doing much better now since hes 80 years old. I will see him soon once I'm healthy enough to fly to see him too.
My grandfather went in about 10 days ago with pneumonia. During the CAT scan it was revealed he also had stage 4 lung cancer. We were told it could be anywhere from 2 months to a year, as at 90 there is nothing they can do.

He waited until all the family had a chance to see him this week and passed away yesterday morning. He knew it was his time and was ready. I'm glad he didn't suffer and passed peacefully in his sleep. He will be missed but he was a great man that lived a full, wonderful life.

I wish you all the best in your ongoing fight. That is amazing that you are able to help your grandfather fight through this with your own battle as inspiration. Good luck.
Appreciate 0