06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
CJR926
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Munich Airport and Cellphones

Hi all,
My brother is traveling to Germany for 3 weeks on an exchange program and will be flying through Munich. When he arrives, he wants to get a cell phone that he can use to communicate with fellow exchange students and some of our relatives.
We have AT&T here in the US so I looked for prepaid sims which were easy to come by, but my brothers iPhone is not up for unlocking yet, so that option is out.
The next option I considered for him was a prepaid phone on one of the networks over there. He could use this for placing simple phone calls and use his iPhone on wifi for everything else. The problem with this is I can't seem to find any definitive pricing or options on the web.

So, I figured this would be the place to come since everyone doing an ED generally comes through Munich airport and I figured a good portion of you have bought some sort of cell phone over there.

It would be much appreciated if I could get some feedback as to where in the airport to buy a disposable phone, how much it costs, and what the plans include. I have considered an AT&T international plan, but want to see how much a disposable phone and plan would cost.

Cheers
Chris
Appreciate 0