View Single Post
      07-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #168
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

So running the 15mm spacer up front on the 18x10 ET25 with 275/35R18 tires worked? No rubbing? Didn't the wheel stick out quite a bit?

I have nearly the same suspension setup (GC conversion kit), running -2.5 up front with no more than a half inch of lowering. I've got the 18x10 with 275/35 NT01s up front and notice that the tire runs really close to the strut. Good to know you have the flexibility of running a spacer if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
Just wanted to post an update on my setup for anyone who may be considering something similar. I have the following:
  • Wheels: 18x10 APEX ARC-8's, square (anthracite)
  • Tires: Grand Am Continental Challenge scrubs from Turner, 275/35-18
  • Spacers: 15mm TMS (front), 12.5mm TMS (rear)
  • Suspension: Ground Control conversion kit, lowered 1/2" all the way aroiund
  • Alignment: -2.6 Front, -1.97 Rear (0 toe at my shops recommendation)

First, there isn't any rubbing. Anywhere.

Second, GORGEOUS. (giant FAIL for the camera being left at home...) Edit: Picture in action from this past weekend:

Third, handling was spectacular. I'm fairly certain I took 3-4 seconds off my best time from last year. (secondary FAIL on my part for opting out of renting a transponder yesterday)

Fourth,

Edit: The photog that was out finally posted pics. Here's a link so you can see for yourselves... I don't have copyright to it, so it goes straight to his site & is watermarked.

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0