View Single Post
      03-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #43
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw
I think the KW sleeve kit is a little scary. KW uses a VERY small bump stop that is not appreciably stiffer than the large ones the car comes with. If you lower the car a lot, it has the potential to compress your expensive EDC shocks to the point of damage.

I don't think the sleeve kit is poorly built, I just think the design leaves something to be desired. I like the Ground Control and TC Kline design, they get the required additional travel from camber plates... (although I'm not really recommending the GC camber plates due to the issues they've been having.)

The KW sleeve kit can be set VERY low, and as a shop, I'd be worried about the liability of $3000 worth of EDC shops on a $899 sleeve kit.
I dont have edc. I see what your saying though
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0