02-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #44
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Yes I meant potholes, but also general manufacturing and wheel construction. There have been horror stories where these replica wheels experienced major defects form routine use, and that is because their manufacturing is of inferior quality than reputable forged brands and OEM wheels. I am speaking from experience. Just because you overpaid for your replica wheels does not mean they are good quality. You have experienced for yourself how they don't even fit correctly.

I struggle to understand your obstinance in accepting everyone's assessment of your situation. Since you don't seem to want to accept people's advice here, all I can say is Go with God and best of luck.
I am aware of the different kind of casting used to make these wheels, and what their strength is compared to the OEM wheels. I am completely fine with that, as I've been using wheels cast the same way for over 10 years without problem. And if I get a bent wheel one day, I'll glad buy a new one. I saved thousands of dollars, and my car looks better than those being afraid and sticking to OEM-only wheels. Also, I did not "overpay" for the wheels, they are cheaper than the other aftermarket wheels. We are going from "cheap" to "overpriced" now?

If you struggle to understand, think about this: I asked for help with a problem, mentioning the wheels are probably not the problem. Yet, instead of thinking about other solutions, many replied disrespectfully because I said something "bad" about their favourite car brand. Yes, BMW sucks in this compartment as I haven't had a problem doing the exact same thing with other manufacturers.

Ever consider that maybe I'm not "taking" the advice from people here because they are simply wrong? Today I tried replacing them with the OEM wheels. Exact same problem! So if it's these "crappy" wheels that are the problem, why does it happen with the OEM wheels? Now you'll tell me I need to buy special BMW wheels made to drive on the highway?