Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepboy View Post
Almost the same car, but not the same car, which makes a difference, even if not too big. The biggest difference though is that the car you mentioned is an european delivery so you are not comparing apples to apples here...

It is strange that multiple people have used all sorts or unreasonable (and sometimes false) arguments to try to make me fell bad about my purchase. First time I see this around here as typically people congratulate you and welcome you to the "family"...

All this back-and-forth actually convinced me that I got a great deal: $510 over invoice (if you count waived floor mats and inspection) with 3.9% financing on a 2011 convertible which will be delivered in a week, as opposed to 8! Nothing wrong with tracking ship location and wondering what the hell is going on with the preparation center that doesn't released my car, but I am happy I won't have to do this and I guess it is hard to put a price tag on that.

If the final price on my car is "too high", it is because we are talking about a fully loaded convertible. Comparing the price to a lesser equipped car, a base model coupe or an european delivery is just nonsense...

I am a CA. I tried telling these folks that you got a great deal. Just ignore the negativity and enjoy your new car. Everyone always has a comment to make, and almost all the time its a foolish comment. They think we CA's are out to clobber you "the customer" and make a killing. I hate that way of thinking. We are here to help.

Enjoy.