View Single Post
      12-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #11
JizJizJiz
Elitist prick
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman4 View Post
I haven't been back to Shanghai since '02 and that was before they opened their markets. I've been thinking about going back since my parents recently bought a house for when they retire. Supposedly though counterfeit stuff is everywhere. My dad tells me pretty much 4/5 of anything in Shanghai are counterfeit lol. But then again it's dirt cheap. I remember when I went back in '02 it was 10 yuan per 1 US dollar and I could get a full lunch for about 3-4 yuan. Good times.
Nice . Yeah, counterfeit items are very prevalent in China. The government is "cracking down" on it...yeah, right .

You can still get a lunch for about 3 - 4 yuan if you eat from one of the street vendors. Even a full restaurant meal for a couple usually runs under $15. And that's with food you can take home.

However, import cars (not counterfeits) are f-ing expensive...about double what they are here in the States. I went to a couple of dealerships (BMW, MB, Porsche) in China...incredible prices due to taxes. And of course, there's not really a used market in China (due to the relatively recent transition to families owning personal automobiles).