View Single Post
      06-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

To answer Bimmer Loyalists original question; I agree with you 100%. My brother in law owns a C63 and is always so quick to point out to me that his car is the faster car or that I better get used to smelling exhaust fumes because that's all I'll ever smell from behind him. I keep telling him that that's not why I bought the M3.

I mean, I had the same opportunity as him to buy a C63, but I didn't. I didn't even drive one and still haven't! For me, it's not about which car "gets from point A to point B quicker", it's about which gets me to point B with a sense of having "driven" there.

Yeah, I'm fully aware that there are many faster cars than the M3 on the road, but not many of them give me the sense that I'm the "driver of the machine". Most cars, like most people who drive them, are just commuters.

I like to think that I bought the M3 because I'm a driver.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0