View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #226
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
It's not really a grind... The grind is normal from lack of oil for a split second. This is in reference to the "clack, clack" sound it makes if not started for a few days.

UPDATE: Heard back again from my BMW Dealer. They said:

Hi Mike,

> We ordered the non-return valves, they are $11 each x 4. The labor is >about $1100.

I replied:
> Ok... I think that BMW should cover something considering this has
> been happening for 2 years under the factory warranty and I've
> complained about it to you guys before while under warranty...

And they replied back:
> We will certainly go to bat for you on this one.

and then the service manager chimed in afterwards (he was CC on my reply) and said:

> We will always go to bat for you. That being said I don't want to count on any help from BMWNA, based on the amount of time out of warranty and the decrease in goodwill we have seen. Just an FYI.

So it's scheduled for next week Tuesday... we'll see what happens. I don't really care about the noise, I'm just concerned that it's going to lead to something else in 50,000 miles. I've heard it on cars with 12,000 miles, so it's obviously an issue that exists on cars with all mileage ranges, years, and also all countries (I've heard it remotely over skype when a customer starts the car).

Being that I'm never going to sell this car - ever - I hope that this fixes the problem.

Mike

Thanks Mike for keeping us posted. Interesting labor is that expensive, I hope it doesn't mean the engine needs to be dropped to get to the exhaust side ones.
Appreciate 0