armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tszene View Post
in case the problem doesn't go away and you have to take it back to bmw, make sure you have nothing left in/on the car that can tell that you took it to the track.
i picked up mine in march i went to Watkins Glen for two days. being my first track event my braking technique wasn't refined to say the least, and i warped my front rotors. I took it back to bmw and i by mistake i left the flyer from the track in my glovebox. Sure enough they didn't cover the rotor replacement since the "manual clearly states that in case of track use the engine/body components may wear more extensive and will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty." they charged me $1000. to replace the rotors and the pads.
a week after that i got my Brembo Gt kit, and since then i had the pleasure to spend 14 days on different tracks. Rotors held up without any problem. I had to replace the front pads once, but that's because they are street pads.
Basically the same thing happened to me. Warped front rotors from tracking the car but in my case it was replaced under warranty. I straight up told them, WTF? I tracked my 335i more than this thing and I never had warped rotors. The M3's brakes are definitely the car's weakest link. So, where do you get the brake pads for the Brembo kit? Everybody seem to sell the kit, but nobody sells the pads.
Appreciate 0