warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
From Griots to Chemical Guys and not looking back

Hey Guys Been lurking around the Detailing threads for a while and have been experimenting with many different products. I started and was probably lured in to the idea of Griot's Garage Products because of there "easy" to use products with great results. Well after a few months of washing/detailing with the Griot's stuff I was finding that it was just not doing the job. I had some dealer prep swirl marks and so I bought there Polish 3 & 4 and there pads, their DA, etc... Well I still have swirl marks and the paint doesn't seem to budge with there polish and I don't want to go an aggressive polish on a brand new car. So the reason I started the switch in the first place was I need something to strip the old wax off the car so I picked up CG Citrus wash and gloss. Worked great and had a great swell and can be diluted to be an every day wash. And slowly I have transitioned to CG. They have a wide range of products and their customer support is pretty good. I have ordered their scratch and swirl remover to get at my swirl marks that I still can/t get out. So I will also report on the findings their on Jet Black. But Sorry for the rant but the product I got from them yesterday was Blacklight and VO7 Spray Sealant. Blacklight is, as they call it, a new LSP. And VO7 is a spray sealant. Both smell great and are super easy to apply. I applied the Blacklight by hand, I did not have the right DA pad, and you let it cure for 15 min and then buff off and follow up it with the VO7 and thats it. I like the way it finishes on Jet Black and people have used it on other colors, but mainly on dark paints. What I really like about these products is that they are anti-static and I cant tell you how much better it is to have no dust on the car after you spent time detailing it, instead of being dirty 30 min after words. Here are some pics of my car with Blacklight and VO7 applied. (Cloudy weather but good reflections, crappy iPhone camera)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0