View Single Post
      01-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #82
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Yup - a settlement is worst than an acquittal or, actually, a 'win' in court. In fact, it's almost admitting guilt - why pay for something you truly think you're innocent?

In regards to companies - most of them actually fight lawsuits, if you're in such matters; and those companies which are not 100% guilt-free are obviously more prone to settling out-of-court, knowing their chances and cost of litigation.

I suppose Merck should settle all their Vioxx suits. And Wendy should've settled the finger-in-the-chili suit before any investigation began. Oh, yeah - the LA hotel where one individual is suing for 5 million should just settle for hmmm, pocket change of 2.5 million because he was bit by bed bugs in his room. Trust me, all these "frivolous" law suits aren't settled out of court unless there's compelling evidence against the company and they simply don't want to lose in court...which could be Kobe's case.

Guilty until proven innocent - wow, you finally caught on? Welcome to today's justice system. Look at the detainment of terrorist suspects. Come on now. This is the 21st century where Bush is reigning.
Appreciate 0