On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i jt blk/lemon

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Reckless driving, causing injury, is a Felony, otherwise it's a Misdemeanor. Can the police throw you in jail for a Misdemeanor ?? I always thought Misdemeanors were just ticketable offenses.

Edit: I do see in the CA vehicle code where some misdemeanors are punishable by jail time. So, I suppose the police can haul your ass to jail for reckless driving.....
Hey Perry Mason, lay off the legal advice. I'm just f'n with ya, but yes, you can be arrested for a misdemeanor and taken to jail. Oftentimes, however, you're not arrested because of jail overcrowding, the nature of the offense, etc.. An infraction doesn't carry the risk of jail time so you're not going to be arrested for that. MOST but not all moving violations are infractions (DUI is a misdemeanor and can move up to a felony if you cause damage or injury or repeat offenses). All misdemeanors are theoretically punishable by jail time; that doesn't mean however, you'll actually get jail time.
09' E92 M3 / Jerez Black / Black / Carbon Leather Trim / Technology / Premium / 19" Wheels / DCT / Enhanced Sound / Sat radio / iPod cable / Smartphone integration / PDC / V1 (Hardwired)/ Black Fuzzy Dice / (Delivered 4/17/09)
Appreciate 0