01-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #1802
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Thank you SOOOO much for all your help. Since the eccentricity is way beyond my area of expertise, I'm wondering if you can comment on it a little. I'm really curious why the huge change and how close I was to correct analysis of what it means.
I sure can, give me a day to get some free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
As mentioned previously, I quite enjoy being proven wrong when there is proof and thanks to you and the additional funding from the folks here we have that proof.

On a loosely related note I would be quite surprised if the new bearings had a radically reduced capability to capture and embed small particles. It is such an essential feature of journal style bearings.
I agree on this, from our experience that is a drawback of the harder bearing. It is much easier damaged from trash floating around in the system. I have wondered, if the clearance is greater then what is throwing rods out of what seems like the newer cars more than the older cars. The older ones are delaminating and wearing out but the new ones seem to grab and kick the rod out. There was a post on here about a guy that changed his bearings and you could see the large amount of debris that floated through and really damaged the bearing. The filter seems pretty good on the s65. Some of these cheap oil filters on cars really dont filter much, they just sit on the bypass all the time.