Yellow Snow
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe. Stock no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Of course I have pictures.

Snow, you're not using it correctly. You've shown pictures of your use and not obeyed the manufacturer's own instructions. Then you didn't use a correction factor to adjust the measurements.

Remember a few pages ago when we were discussing all those math formulas and you said you didn't know what they mean. That was OK then, but now it's very relevant. Those same formulas explain the error and use of correction factors. At this point, I think swamp2 could explain the errors in your measurements better than I can.

But it should definitely be confidence inspiring that I followed the manufacturer's instructions, calculated the correct correction factor, made the measurements, and they corroborated the ball anvil micrometer. Unfortunately, this just isn't the right way to measure bearings.
Yes, I do understand trigonometry, and I certainly know how to measure accurately.

I don't think you are understanding the method. It doesn't matter at all about the angle of the clock when used as a comparator. 45 degrees, 10 degrees, skewed to the side, they would all give exactly the same result when zero'd out on a 2mm slip compared to a 2mm item.

Swamp will understand
Appreciate 0