View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I would call anything under the "max" line an underfill, even though that can be within the OK zone. If the dealer didn't fill it all the way, they should top it off. Most dealers will do that at no charge. Won't hurt anything but it is just a bit sloppy IMO.
Just so you know. My 1,200 service was done by BMW NA themselves at VDC. It's BMWNA you're calling "sloppy" not my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Not sure why you're complaining that it was filled a bit below the max line both times. Technically that's still in the okay zone, but it is sloppy as I said. You're writing it as if the car is burning oil every 500 miles, which is a totally different problem. So far you haven't established a pattern of it drinking oil, only that BMW isn't filling it to the very top.
If I take your assumption that they factory filled to the mid level then it still consumed half the amount between min and max which is probably ~0.4 liter of oil in only 400 miles (380 to be accurate!) and then they filled it to mid level again at the 1200 service, this time it took ~500 miles to get to min. Would you say twice is not a pattern ?
Appreciate 0