Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin_jo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Just had my car updated to ISTA/P 46.5....previous was 41.2. Took about 2 1/2hrs. Total cost: $143.00. Car is more responsive now...much stronger.

Car: 2011 M3 DCT E90
Programming: ISTA/P 46.5
Tune: GIAC
Are the dealers doing this software update at a customer's request?

I am looking for my SA to do this update by BMW but his response was that there needs to be an issue that would require an update, and since my car running is ok, my car does not need a software update.

Any input as to how you went about to have the dealer do the update will be greatly appreciated.
My truth was as follows:
1.) My idrive responsiveness is slow and once in a blue moon, freezes for a while and then resumes. It doesn't do it often and just happens.
2.) my Bluetooth takes a long time to connect to my iPhone. When I need to make a call, I have to sit and wait for connections.
3.) my door locks keeps locking and unlocking when I spray the car with water while washing it.
4.) it seems to run really rich, sometimes I smell more exhaust fumes than usual.

The end result was 231E.

Prior to this update, I made my case to another SA who claimed my car does not meet the criteria for an update based on its production date (BS). There was something about her that wax phony and she lied about my car being in the service area... little stuff... So I schedule a subsequent apt and got a good (in so many ways) SA.

Anyway, I bet you've experienced some of the aforementioned issues.
Appreciate 0