View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #36
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
So if you corner balance your car one should consider adjustable end links?
BMW's are so well corner balanced from the factory, that I would be surprised if you even need to corner balance the car once ride heights are set correctly. Once you set the ride height correctly, you will be 85-90% corner balanced already. We hardly ever corner balance our racecars because of this reason. If you corner balance the car and the ride height is unequal from left to ride, then you will need adjustable end links. But, unless you are adjusting a serious race car, I would not worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
Originally was saving up to get an AST setup however very tempted to get this kit since I can get a very good deal on one.

Will this hold up to monthly track days? Using a 400lb/ 600lb spring rate?

Doing a search I find that people say the AST is more track oriented where as the TCK is more dual use oriented.

I had AST 4100's on a MK6 GTI. It was corner balanced and setup by West End Alignment and was tracked monthly. On the track the car had tons of grip, was never upset by quick transitions, was never upset by the berms in the corners, and together with front and rear sway bars, bushings all around made for a very balanced track car.

On the street, the AST's where very very comfortable. In fact when I put my factory suspension back in after parting out the GTI... The ride between the AST ride was actually much more comfortable than the oe ride. Feedback from the person that I sold the kit to also said that it road better than his factory R20 suspension and had tons more grip.

So with that said... I have a very good deal I can get on the TCK S/A coilovers with camber plates... Coming from an AST setup... Am I gonna be disappointed?
I would jump ALL OVER the TCK's if you have the chance. TC Kline Racing is VERY track oriented and many club racers use this suspension for their track cars....and WIN! - consistently!

The description you have above is exactly what I would say about a TC Kline Racing suspension.
Appreciate 0