07-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde79 View Post
Just wondering if you ever used this shop. I took my car in for service after 1200mi and when I washed my car I found a bit of road rash on the passenger front tire. I called my service dept and took the car back in to show them. Of course they assured me there was NO way this happened at the dealer. I call shenanigans but I don't have a heck of a lot of recourse. I did the walk around before and they confirmed no damage prior. I left the dealer that day (my service guy was busy and I needed to leave for an appt) without inspecting in detail - looked fine on walk around.

I only actually found the damage while washing the wheels. I'd have never noticed it if not for putting my hands on the wheel. I did tell them it's not my daily driver, I haven't parallel parked it yet nor parked it next to a curb but of course they said it wasn't them so had to be me.

Anyway...original question, have you used this shop or found another that can powder coat wheels?
Hey Blonde, I called this shop but they apparently "prep" the wheels first and then send it to the shop located right behind them to get the powder coating done.
You have to bring them the wheels too. You can't just drop your car off and have them remove the wheels.
In the end, this seemed to be too much work (too many shops getting involved in this task) so, I purchased a set of brand new OEM ZCP Silver colored wheels at a fantastic price and sold my grey colored OEM ZCP wheels to a member on this forum.
I was going to have my Grey wheels powder coated silver (like the Original color OEM ZCP's)
I called around town and asked a couple other shops but there wasn't many that did that kind of work
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0