02-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #62
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
What if it isn't a timed event? Driving schools in the US are still covered under insurance because the event isn't timed and therefore isn't a 'competition'. You'll learn a ton about your car if your able to drive it, or a similar one on a track, and you;ll feel much more comfortable in real world scenarios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
Hmmm insurance companies always look for a way to get you. You can always get a track-only policy as a supplement to your regular coverage via a 3rd party company. To be on the safe side I'd just hit up www.springmountainmotorsports.com

All the track hooning you want, on someone else's Vette - GS/Z06/ZR1
I have looked into it and the insurance offered over here are really expensive $$$$$$$$$$.
I guess Dre01SS is right and the only way I'll be able to drive without fear is by driving a corvette provided by them.

BTW DRE01SS...what does your nick stand for??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
Nice pick up! The Vette is so much fun to drive. It feels like a German.
Thanks man. I saw your sig. CTS-V is a beast. Hope you have fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Congrats on a great purchase. There are more and more Euro (car) owners giving the Vette a try. Good to see. I've owned two in the past and got another one coming that will end up looking just like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Formally placing the order on Saturday (assuming I don't change my mind on the color again)...they are quoting 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Hope you enjoy your upcoming ZO6 .