View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
S656MT
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Exhaust Comparo Conclusion

I've been doing research on all full exhaust options up to $6,000. Going between axle back, to full system, etc. The goal was to find one that balanced the following:

Objective Factors (NOTE: Many exhausts did not score points in several factors. These are simply factors I used to evaluate each exhaust I thought were interesting to me.)
[] R&D
[] Race proven / heritage
[] Dyno proven
[] Durable / Quality Materials (plus is exotic/titanium)
[] OEM Fitment
[] Price point
[] Positive forum reviews

*Sound was a factor, but to me, the above balance are the objective elements I wanted to sort out and decide from there to see if sound could override a decision.

Reviewed: EVOLVE Valvetronic, IPE Valvetronic, Akrapovic Evolution, Eisenmann, Meisterschaft, BMW M Perf., Fabspeed, Challenge, Active Autowerke, DINAN, Kreissieg. Full systems and axle back only.

After all the research I ended up with one exhaust that was still KING across above factors - the Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust system. It aces all factors and considering what you get, price wise it's actually a value leader.

Does anyone have other thoughts to add? Just curious if other people when considering such factors would come up with another result.

Last edited by S656MT; 12-08-2012 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0