View Single Post
      07-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I know that it cost money, but not a ton, so maybe someone should do a before and after dyno run on a really dynamometer. 20 hp is HUGE and would only trust it on a "real" dyno.

I don't think there's anything there. I did a dyno run with a 70/30 mix of 91/100-octane. I then put in a 50/50 blend, ran an autocross (which is only a few minutes at full throttle), but the car did indeed "feel stronger" the next day. The very next day I went to the dyno and I'd lost 1 or 2-hp as compared to the 70/30 mix. I don't know what it is, but I think that the feeling of added power is psychological.

Dave
How many miles at the autocross at full throttle do you think? I've heard it takes 50-100 miles for the engine to shift adaptation. At the track I go to the car spends probably 300 miles at WOT at speeds between 80 and 140 80% of the time over two days.

Sean from Discovery Automotive told me to reset adaptation on the race tune for my E46 at the track to get the most power out of it. I wish I knew more about how the ECU adaptation worked to understand what is really going on.
Appreciate 0