View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #57
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm View Post
^You don't have to have 'experience' to conclude that a certain decision is not a good idea.
my friend sold his 06 US 350z only 3k more than I sold my 03 350z... Search autotrader and you'll find the cheapest M3 is US. These resales may have happened couple of years ago when the dollar was not on par and was an excuse for Canadian retailers to charge canadiens more, but not today.
Gmw/exmowner, both you guys are from provinces with only 5% interest rate and we have 13%. To pay an additional 7% or so brings it to 20% in total over the US m3 price.
Exmowner, would you have honestly imported if the price of your imported M3 was 10% more? Its a significant difference. Keep in mind the question is about a USED vehicle not new. GMW purchased it brand new and at a 5% rate plus the 6.1% which is completely worth it.
In terms of brand new vehicles and if you have hard cash, I completely agree that it's better to purchase the car from down south, especially if your province only has a 5% rate, unlike our province which has a 13% rate (more than twice).
You are wrong on pretty much everything in this post and are misinforming the community. You should not be advising anyone on their decision to possibly import a vehicle.

You are correct on not needing 'experience' to make a decision, and apparently you don't think you need 'facts' or a 'grounding in reality' either.

If you insist, I will rebut each statement you have made, but it would be a lot easier for me to just tell everyone else to ignore your posts.

Less work for me....

Last edited by Meff; 08-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: to be slightly less of a dick about it
Appreciate 0