04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Gintani Supercharger Installation (Video, Pictures & Dyno)

I've had my Gintani Supercharger system sitting in storage and the week of the Shift Sector airport race, I got at least 10 people asking me if I was going. I was going to go and just watch everyone race and support a good cause but suddenly I got a itch... A itch for more power lol.

I gave Alex from Gintani a call on Wednesday night asking randomly.. How long would it take to install a supercharger on my car? One or two days.. I slept on it.. I ended up waking up Thursday morning and saying fuck it! Let's do it. I dropped off the car Thursday morning at 11am. Grabbed my other car and went to work. I upgraded the kit to the new manifold, new airbox, ran out of a box stage 2 tune,pulley, etc. I got a call Saturday morning saying "I'm about to throw your car on the dyno then it's ready to go." I went down, watched the dyno and the rest was history. I have been beating the living crap out of this car. Later that night, I drove up 185 miles to the race, raced a bunch, drove back home. It was just unreal. I was surprised in the power delivery, how fast everything was turned around and how well the car was tuned. Not a single hiccup. My last car had the old gintani kit (old airbox, intake, tune, etc) Since then, everything has been changed. The most important part of any SC kit is the TUNE. Gintani has dumped their old tuner and Alex himself has been tuning all the SC kits on his own. My car has never felt this great, ran this great and I've had nothing but positive things to say about the tuning. Cold start is great, my gas mileage is OUT of this world. I was getting 13.1-13.3 (N/a on the computer) now I am getting 15.1-15.3 MPG. The SC kit is quiet as crap, I ditched the Blow off valves also. The car is my daily driver so I would like to keep it as quiet as possible and sleeper as possible. I don't even have a rear exhaust system, I'm running the stock system.

I've been running the kit for 9 days, Ive put 1600 miles on it so far and I haven't had any complaints.

On the way back from the airstrip event, I was averaging 15.3 MPG. Monday morning I kept wondering how much power I had against other SC kits so I went to the dyno after work. It's a independent dynojet. I still had some race gas left over in the tank from Sunday so I said why anot. I can see exactly where my car was after racing.

Here is the video from the install:
(Sorry for the crappy editing, just put something quick together on iMovie)

Here is the dyno video:
(iPhone quality sorry)

Dyno:

If you check out the dyno, you can see the AFRs are all in the safe zone. More power can be made but keeping the car safe is where I would like to be. I'm not too worried about power since I mostly track the car. Also, this is on the stock rev limiter.

Let me know what you think.

Good work Gintani and I can't wait to see what other surprises you guys will be releasing for the E9x M3.

Josh
ZekeO4.50