View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #19
M5280RCR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT + some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
That would make sense if you prefer driving a Civic to a BMW. Some people like to drive beaters while they preserve their M3 for its next owner. I would not buy it if I did not drive it.
I drive all of my cars, hard! I don't want a garage queen (except maybe the Dinan E34 that only gets about 2-3k miles a year). Each car has their place...this said I need a daily driver and do would not want it to be a civic/accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Or if you prefer spending $350 a month on gas instead of $100. Or taking your your "nice" "rare" car to a lot everyday where it gets bashed by car doors, shit on by birds, peed on by bums and occasionally might get keyed. Then, ya.. you should definitely get a Dinan M5 as a daily. And pray like a mofo it doesn't break down when you really need to be at work that day.
Funny enough I have an Accord, and it takes me to ballgames and tight parking lots, where door dings and birds can have at it. A civic/accord is not going to meet my DD needs/desires. And if the S3 were to break down I have a few other choices in the stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
You my friend need lessons in sophistry Look it up... the true origin of the law profession, might be inspirational. Keep the M3.
Sohistry = "subtly deceptive reasoning or argumentation", my wife is an engineer and pretty perceptive, I may need to go back and get a law degree ;-)

This all said, I just got a new set of tires on the E92 yesterday, and may need to keep it for a little while longer...but then again...
Appreciate 0