04-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIIK2NR View Post
I had a minor accident with a racoon and went with Geico's recommendation for a shop to the do repair to the oil cooler and the mesh grill.

Repair is done but when I went to pick up the car the bumper was not aligned.

I requested a re-adjustment. They took it back and brought it back to me and it appeared to be fixed in the area of concern but then after I looked closer the bumper was even more off on the other side. All of these adjustments are by the headlamps.

They actually moved the headlamp position to make the gap go away. WTF?? They did not need to move the headlamps. Now the reference point is jacked up and they will never get it back to the way it was unless they move the lamp back, then adjust the bumper.

Is the bumper really THAT HARD to adjust around the headlamps?

Called a BMW shop and they said they will fix it if they can't. Now I need Geico to authorize the work in the event the shop can't figure it out.

Thoughts on the difficulty of aligning the bumper?

Tim
its all depends on the body shop.

My bodyshop in Los Angeles are are one of the best shop around, i recently just had my bumper resprayed cause of rock chips and at the same time i had the front reflector shaved off. Everything looks really good without any issue. so i guess to answer to your question no it should be easy enough to put it right back in. i know some people take the bumper off and put it back on with no issue at all. i think your body shop is just lazy to put it together.