01-04-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy48 View Post
Hello, my wife and her cousins are planning a trip to Lausanne, Switzerland late March and hoped you guys could offer some suggestions. My wife and I have a free day from the cousins and wanted to rent a car and go driving through some beautiful roads.

1. Any one know of any good rental companies in the area?

2. We currently drive a e90 M3, what car would be best for those roads; Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Aston Martin, etc.? (I am 26 by the way, which seems to make a difference as there are usually 3 age groups: 23, 25 and 30)

3. If you were to plan an entire day of driving, which route would you take? I am looking for "fun" roads (maybe mountain passes) and beautiful scenery.

4. My wife has a lot of women "boring" sights to see, what about for guys; like watches, e.g. Panerai, etc.?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
"Great White" or one of the Swiss members will hopefully chime in here, but if your trip is in late March, you may still find snow at some the higher elevations and perhaps some limited availability of a high performance rentals at that time of year. I am not sure about the specific rental and and high end shopping costs in Switzerland in particular, but it is one of the most expensive countries in Europe from my visits there.

I am sure that you can put together quite the nice day with some of the locals input on this board!
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0