View Single Post
      11-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #23
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
Alright, either the tech is stupid, lazy, or does not know how to write a story.

There is no fault that a wheel bearing or axle will set in the computer. NONE! They are mechanical components. There is a wheel speed sensor that reads vehicle speed, but that's it. I still am of the opinion that they are simply incopetent, and telling you a story.

Here is a diagram of the rear wheel bearing. No electronic components.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...31&hg=33&fg=40
While I agree that there is no code associated to the wheel bearing, it is very possible that the spacers could cause premature wear to those bearings. This is exactly the kind of situation that people have to be prepared for when modding. People always say that the dealer has to prove that the damage was cause by the mod but that is obviously not the case here. The dealer has made a diagnosis (right or wrong it doesn't really matter) and has voided the warranty on that part. Now the burden is on the owner to show them that either their diagnosis is wrong or just pay up. Sucks but that's the way it usually goes.

Good luck and I hope you get it fixed somehow.