View Single Post
      11-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varise View Post
DA, I have had the Onkyo HT-SR800 7.1 system for about a year and a half and I love it. It has been widely praised on audiophile forums and websites as one of the better "system in a box" set ups. If the sky was the limit, I would suggest to purchase each component separately, but if you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with this one. Let me know, and I can go into a bit more detail about it...but to summarize it's a great system. Circuit City actually has it on sale for $449.00, check it out:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo...oductDetail.do
I've not sampled the Onkyo, but I have heard good things about their entry level product. It does color the sound a bit, but for under $1000, you're going to be limited in the receiver / processor department. Everything is going to color the sound a bit, but the Onkyo does it in a reasonable way.

Also check the Marantz equipment. I've gotten great deals at www.accessories4less.com. They are an authorized refurb dealer for Marantz, between my friends and I we've probably purchased 8-10 units for ourselves and family. They are very good, and about half the price of retail. They may have some HTIB as well.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0