06-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #622
coco savage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW made them

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I'm a die hard mavs fan, however:

I think too many are people are on Lebron. I don't have a problem with anyone putting something in their jersey or getting a tattoo saying (superman or diesel) or any other seemingly cocky thing. Its even a smaller thing when its something under a jersey and not out in the open. I've played a lot of sports in my life and understand the fact that the cockiness is a personality "flaw" that usually comes with the territory. But without that "flaw" they probably wouldn't have the personality to want to be the top 1 or two in the world.

One thing I can say about Lebron is that he has always been a seemingly good guy. He's never been in trouble and has always been likeable IMO. I think his agent and the Heat organization let him down and turned him into a a "villian". You can bet that his agent convinced him to do "the decision". Also, it was the Heat organization who decided to throw the celebration party at the beginning of the season.
I understand what you are saying, but i honestly think its more on lebron than anyone else. He put the spot light on himself. I dont feel like he was this puppet that the Heat and his agent toyed with and molded into what they wanted.

I feel his true character shows through on all his reactions. I mean to say that about the people hating on him? He should be bigger than that. You hear wade make those comments? You hear jordan make those comments?

His cocky-ness has put him in the situation to be hated, and when he loses/shrinks/chokes/doesnt produce...it comes back on him that much harder.