Thread: Remus Sport
View Single Post
      06-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #28
CampioniShop
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM3Mang View Post
I'm really sorry but after having experience with custom exhaust on my previous 550 and multiple Dyno's showing just how much torque and power loss there was with "cutting" of the BMW stock design, I don't see how Remus exhaust isn't losing power with cutting?

I love the sound of REMUS-don't get me wrong, but please explain to me how there won't be power/torque loss when you cut BMW pipes?

I'd love to be convinced I'm wrong. Also is there Sport exhaust different at all from the RPI Axle back sound? The cost is about similar and they don't cut jack shite.

Let me know ASAP.
Yes I have followed the magnaflow custom quad exhaust debacle over on E60.net and quite frankly I was not surprised. You experienced with a muffler that was not specifically designed for your BMW and a shop put together piping most likely with only 1 priority in mind: ASAP!

You cannot compare a custom exhaust system with no prior research and development, dyno testing, sound testing, fitment testing, etc. to a REMUS exhaust which features all the aforementioned traits.

Our systems have shown gains on both models, the E60 V8s, I6s and now the E92 M3.

As far as the main differences between the SPORT and the RACE, they are strictly related to the internals and the inner core. The RACE has less perforations in the core, allowing for less noise reduction and higher exhaust velocity.
Appreciate 0