PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Jelly M3 View Post
You are missing out, for sure.
The reality is you are missing out one way or another. Look at all the DCT owners in this thread admitting they miss rowing their own gears. Look at this guy who sold his DCT because of it.

You have to sacrifice something with either transmission. Either you lose speed in acceleration, or you lose the full-body engagement with the vehicle.

For me, I went back and forth numerous times. I drove DCT and it was neat, but I knew deep down I'll miss rowing my own gears. So the only way I'd get a DCT is if I also had a 6MT car to toy around with as well. I chose 6MT because I can only have one car at this point in my life.

I can mod a 6MT to make it faster than a (stock) DCT, but I can't mod a DCT to give me full-body engagement, no matter how much I spend. To me, that was the deal-breaker.