12-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardodoc View Post
Davo, I'm thinking like you. However, do you need to order nav in order to get the premium audio? Or is premium considered standard. As soon as M-DCT is available I'm in.
@ Davo - once you added any options over $1K I wouldn't characterize it as a "stripper"

I've been mulling over some of these questions re the M3 at all. I had been trying to persuade myself that a 335i coupe + sport pkg would do, but the more I read the more I think I'll be more gratified by buying a fairly basic M3 and doing less miles (less servicing & other costs) & keep the 540i for some of my daily commute.

@ guardodoc I too think I will wait for M-DCT / "flappy paddles" then be very sparing in my options. EDC .. 19's + base leather + iPod/USB - hmm, be nice also to have Bluetooth for my iPhone (see how hard it is to really get a "stripper" - BMW has us by the short & curlies!) . I haven't decided on sound - isn't the real music the engine?

-- BBB

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0