07-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
I work at a hotel and trust me, the one thing we hate the most are dealing with people who went through travel agencies or 3rd party reservation websites(travelocity, hotwire, expedia). 99% of the time the room isnt the right one that the guest wanted, ie: guest wants 2 beds and the reservation is only for one. Since they are 3rd party reservations no changes, extensions, or cancellations can be made. Last night I was dealing with this guy who was staying with us for 6 nights. His travel agency never send an authorization to pay for his stay and he was stuck at our place(halfway across the country) with no way to check in. Finally he payed us for one night with cash and has to get in touch with the travel company to get full authorization. Most hotels can match prices listed by other sites/companies as long as you have proof.
I find that sometimes I get better rates directly through the hotel (especially locally if they offer FL resident rates) however many times they are much cheaper through the 3rd party sites. However I always call ahead of time the hotel directly to confirm everything is as I booked.
Appreciate 0