12-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
All tire threads I've read deal with wider tires on the rear, front, or both. I want to keep BOTH OEM tire sizes, and prefer ultra-high-performance or high-performance all-seasons rather than the useless (for me) max summers. It just doesn't make any sense to put up with extra noise, decreased tread life, possible harsher ride, and decreased cold-weather performance when I'll never use them even remotely close to their capabilities. They're total overkill for me, and are noisy as hell on the rough pavement typical of this area. By the way, the grip on those tires is still amazing, and more than enough for even aggressive (but not stupid) driving on the streets. I don't do race car driver impersonations anymore .

And if you post, please compare your current tires to OEMs on the issues mentioned above. And tire sellers are welcome to comment based on customer's input.

And yes, tried Tire Rack and Discount Tire's sites but they only search by car (only max summers pop-up for the M3) or tire brand, and you don't know what the hell they are. They should add a 'category' field, to look under 'ultra-high-performance' and 'high-performance'. And even better, to be able to put BOTH tire sizes to avoid looking for 2 sizes on each tire. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this issue . At least suitable tires and I can look up for stock sizes. Thanks.

Look a little harder on the Tire Rack website, you absolutely can sort by OEM size AND category.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0