03-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #23
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
I hit the rev limiter tonight also, and I don't care. The rev limiter is there for a reason. I just don't understand how people are hitting the rev limiter in DCT, wtf?!?!
You can if you are in the S (=manual) mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
you should sell it now because if you wait one or two weeks, you might start having leakage from the throttle bodies because of the redline. once that starts it will be really tough to sell, and very expensive to fix.
Definitely, you really need to be careful about this. Don't forget also that there is a limited amount of how many times you can hit the rpm limiter (I think it is something like 10), after which you need to urgently take the car in for a major overhaul in the engine.

Come on, honestly how can you think that the engine can be damaged by hitting the rev limiter... The rev limiter prevents over-reving by cutting the fuel supply. By the way, there have been a couple of threads on this exact same issue already. If logic / common sence does not tell you anything on this, then maybe running a search before posting would give you the answer...
Appreciate 0