View Single Post
      11-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin
I pad-deposited two sets of OEM style rotors on my last car using Endless mx72 hybrid pads at the track (will never use those pads or any other hybrids again). That said I definitely could not feel the uneven-ness of the surface by running my finger across them. Then a buddy of mine recently told me the rotors on his M3 were warped, I told him no way, likely pad deposited. Anyway, we went to inspect them and the rotors had more metal rotor material in the center than on the edges. They were heavily used and near end-of-life measurements, so not sure if they were "warped," pad-deposited, or just oddly worn (or a combination of all three). He replaced them and it got rid of the vibration.

Generally though, I've found that a shaky steering wheel almost always points to pad-deposited rotors. What pads were you using?

Also, we called O'reilly's on my buddies car and they would not turn the drilled OEM rotors, not sure about slotted but likely the same answer.
If they won't turn them I'll just replace them. Have a brand new set of stop tech pads at the house. Rotors are about 400 a pop