Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium

A few ? Are you serious ?
Indeed,right... But only when our eyes are closed !
Yes, I am serious. Tell me, how many people have you met or talked to with bad bearings? My service advisor has seen none. The car meets I go to, I've never heard of anyone with this problem. I'm a member of my local bmwcca and none of them have had the issue. Also, weren't you advocating this was just a North American issue like 2 months ago because you hadn't found any failures in Europe? Apparently your view has changed.

Now, go ask a 335i driver if they've had a HPFP fail. That number is closer to 100%.

How many blown engines have been discovered on these forums - 50? Out of 50,000 cars made that would be low .01%. Even if this number is grossly understated it seems to be an issue that can be detected and repaired most of the time before catastrophic failure if you know what to look for.

As others said, why own this car if you are so certain it's a ticking time bomb? It's a bit irrational to push people away from this car because of the rod bearing issues. I dare you to find another high performance car that doesn't have some type of issue like this.
Appreciate 0