View Single Post
      12-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
cghempel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

When my car was in for its 1,200 mile service (July 2011) I noticed that the DCT fluid had not been touched (looked on the service sheet at checkout). I was under the impression that this was something that fell under the break-in service, so I asked my service advisor (long-time friend). He informed me that the DCT fluid is a lifetime fluid and will never need to be flushed/changed.

I find this somewhat difficult to believe, but apparently BMW insists that it is in fact lifetime (still do not fully believe them). I plan on keeping this car forever and the DCT reliability/longevity has been the only component of the car that has even crossed my mind as being a potential issue in the future.

I remember reading somewhere on this forum who the manufacturer is for the M-DCT in our cars. If we were able to contact them, could they confirm the "best practice" for changing the DCT fluid? Anyone remember who manufactures our transmission?

From my own understanding of transmissions (somewhat limited but I'm no car dummy) I was thinking of following standard automatic transmission service intervals (40,000-60,000 miles). Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0