09-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #156
MPower387
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 ///M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
i bought mine 2 months after turning 30 last fall but i 'could' have bought it earlier just didnt have time to shop much until closer to the end of the year.

married, 2 kids, wife has stayed home for the last 6 years, we have a home, i paid off all of our student debt and all other debt then renewed our mortgage terms at 2.75% lower and had a number of very good years in a row professionally (corporate, entrepreneurial).

paid cash for a CPO E90 M3 + all the dinan / stoptech upgrades.

basically it's my dream car and the best car i have ever driven... 4 doors makes it suitable for the kids too.

i hate to say this but... YOLO... no way to know when your number is up and no guarantees that the next 5 years will be as good as the last 5. i threw caution aside and bought the car because i'm afraid one day i might not be able to do it and would regret never having done so.

if the next 5 years ARE as good as the last 5 then i'm going to add a Lotus and / or a 911 to the stable . Work hard play harder.
Absolutely agree...I'm 26 and just had my '06 Audi A4 crap out on my a month after paying it off...I thankfully have a great job as an engineer with no student loans left so I figured that now was the best time to jump into my dream car while I have no other obligations...grabbed a 2011 CPO and picked up an '05 Cooper S as a daily driver. It's actually cheaper for me to insure both cars vs. only having the M3 on the policy.

I love driving the M and would never forgive myself if I passed up the opportunity. By the time I'm married I'll most likely have the car paid off and then I'll never have to have the conversation "but hunny this is the only crazy/childish/fiscally irresponsible thing I'll ever ask for...I promise....please?"
Appreciate 0