View Single Post
      12-28-2007, 09:05 AM   #18
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Not e92...have to have 4 doors, remember...
TQ, power or whatever, Procede 335 will never hit 4.1, or under 4.5 for that matter.
I do agree that the 335 with or without Procede is a great deal, and I do believe it is fast and feels great (since I really liked the power of 335 stock), but for any of you (especially sflgator ) to claim that you can even compare it to e9x M3 just because "it felt faster than e46 M3" is plain ridiculous...
Many ppl, including myself run 0-60mph in 4.3 sec. in our PROcede v2 (or XEDE or JB2H) 335i's and you see my 1/4 mi. time @ trap speed (at Moroso) in my sig. Not only does my PROcede v2 335i "feel" much faster than my friend's E46 M3 SMG, it IS much faster and "feels" much better (shifting, smoothness, ride, etc.) than his E46 M3 SMG...and that was repeated by my friend himself who has been driving his E46 M3 SMG for 3 years.

I do agree that the 335i needs some suspension mods (coilovers, larger sways, etc.) to be on par with the E92 M3 handling, but if you have the $$ and want to add those mods, then by all means, they're available for the E92 335i. So, even if you add the PROcede v2 and suspension mods, you're still spending less $$ than the E92 M3 (although I suppose you're getting closer ). Like I've always said, I will also consider the E92 M3 for my next car, but at this point (from the stats, reviews, video runs from Sweden, etc.), I still cannot justify spending the extra $$ for the E92 M3. I will most liekly transfer my PROcede v2 and my wheels/tires to my next E92 335i in ~ 15 months.

I have some real difficulties believing R&T got those performance numbers for the E92 M3; they always seem to get the best numbers of ALL the car mags. Look at what they got for the '07 Audi RS4 and '08 Lexus ISF...seriously, no other car mags could duplicate those kinds of performance numbers from any of those cars.

btw -- are you still interested in a quick spin in my PROcede v2 335i????? Just let me know. My friend (the former E46 M3 SMG driver) who now drives an '08 Porsche 911 S was a bit skeptical like you, but in the end, he was VERY impressed (as he said with his head pinned back to the headrest)!!!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0